Saturday, August 16, 2008

thurs, fri, today?

Ah, I lost my post!

Thurs: 5 miles recovery jog, without the dog. I really needed to be alone to do whatever I needed. It went well, even though I hadn't slept enough the night before....and then I tweaked my right knee slightly in yoga class. doh! Another night short on sleep (oh, these olympics!) and it felt a bit tender to the touch on Friday morning.

I was supposed to do sprints, but had to be at work during the group workout, so I decided to do a tempo run, but with my knee feeling like that, I decided to scale back. Ran easy with the dog, another 5ish miles. My knee felt fine--I'll continue to stretch/roll out my quad---usually when my knees start feeling iffy, there's a tight spot or two in my thigh to blame. It happens periodically. Will see how my right knee feels tomorrow (well, today, Saturday).

I could do my tempo run later today; running tempo before a long run has been fine in the past. However, I'm still up and it's nearly 2 am (oh, olympics!), so goodness knows how much sleep I'll get tonight. And I want to hit the long run well, as it'll be a longer one, plus I have to work Saturday and Sunday, and the job involves quite a bit of stairs, lifting, and crouching....my knee feels fine after Friday's shift, so I don't want to push it.

Thank goodness next week is a recovery week! I'll be content with 40 miles.

No comments: