Wednesday, August 27, 2008

in the gear for speedwork

I think I've talked before how much better it is to have a regular routine with harder workouts. I was running regularly in the spring, but I was always switching harder workouts around, depending on where we were, what the temperature was like, etc, and I never got into a rhythm.

This time round, I seem to be in a rhythm. My legs felt horrible on Monday. Tuesday, the dog and I jogged 8 miles again, and it felt better. This morning, we did only 4.28 miles, and it felt fine.

This evening was somehow more humid, which was a disappointment, and I was a bit worried about the longer intervals, but they went well. Once again, I had a new set of legs when it counted. I got into a rhythm--helped to have a couple of other people run the same pace :), and I got into the right frame of mind, that sort of dull state where I remember to keep things loose and so forth, but don't dwell too much on the discomfort, other than acknowledging it and maintaining it. lol

1500M

6:40
6:35
6:37
6:37
6:24

No comments: