Sunday, September 1, 2013

thwarted!

 Yesterday, a humid run with my husband, one hour.  In the evening, I dedicated my arm workout towards moving a pile of dirt.  I guess shoveling is mostly back though.  At any rate, the margin in which it's cool enough to work and light enough to see has become disappointingly thin.

Today, I woke up fairly early for a Sunday, pumped my tires, wiped down my disk brakes...nine am on a Sunday, empty roads, no commitments, what happened?

I went outside for a quick chore and came back in with a headache.  26C and 80% humidity.  Humidex 35 C. 

I missed the train: now the humidex is 42 C.  Forecasted thunderstorms again; every day, forecasted thunderstorms, but not one has materialized since my return.  I jinxed it by installing the liner and bottom drain in the pond last week.  This project has gone so slowly.  A couple of months of almost daily rain made mortaring impossible.  Now that I've done the mortaring and rain would be beneficial, it stays away.  Instead, the humidity creeps up.

 I think I will plug in a fan and treat myself to a good solid leg workout in the garage.

No comments: