Friday, September 13, 2013

A good burn

No run today, just shoulders.  I did most of 3 sets.

This week, I've focusing more on sensation than numbers; I've been absolving myself of full workouts once I've achieved what feels like a suitable amount of stress.  This has actually felt more effective than longer workouts.  Apparently, I was sacrificing quality for quantity.  "Oh, eight reps is sooo tiring" but not if some of them are half-arsed.  So I'm revamping my attitude.  No more scenic routes.  Straight to the burn instead.  The sooner I get in, the sooner I get out.

Today, I seized discomfort and my shoulders are now on fire in a good way.   Major hot tinglies. 

I think I've lost some muscle--the gut thing has knocked me down about five pounds or so--but I'm starting to feel like I'm gaining again.  And I've done my six weight workouts for the week.  It's also my aim to do three 1 hr+ runs per week...the two so far weren't good, but one more tomorrow will still count as three total.

No comments: