Wednesday, September 25, 2013

sapped

I was hoping that the German Shepherd wouldn't be loose today, and it wasn't.
I was also hoping that yesterday's unnecessarily strenuous run would portend a much easier one today (sometimes a really good run follows a blah one), but it didn't.

Temps, 17-21 C, but humid (the humidex was 25 C by the end).  My breathing was compressed.  My legs were heavy.  There was not a single moment of comfort, not even downhill.  2 loops of 54 and 56 minutes, and 2:10 running time total. I ended up walking a good part of the way home, and then I ditched the weights.  Whatever.  lol

Factors:

The weather is once again a jail.  There was a good week or two, and now the humidity's back.  I didn't think it would matter because the temps are lower, but I'm still running in 20+ C and soaking through my clothes.  Oh, well.  I'm trying not to be upset about this, but I really want, if not need, some easy running and some real fall weather.  Conditions are still ass-sweat and it's late September.  Can't we all just get along?

I've recently increased my running--I'm on the waitlist for a trail ultra--and the extra load will take a few weeks to get used to. 

Diet--my guts finally feel fine--no more pain! But, I got really lazy about taking supplements, and probably I'm not absorbing enough, much less eating enough to begin with.  I've definitely lost some muscle strength. 

No comments: