Friday, June 7, 2013

Rain!

55 min easy jog down to the main forest and around in it for a bit, and back.  I still don't know the trail system as well as I would like, but at least I have a general idea of it.   And we had it all to ourselves this morning.  We got drenched, though, but I will get drenched one way or another this summer, and I'll take refreshing rain over cloying sweat.

My legs are sort of trashed (yesterday I also cycled a few hilly miles with 30 lbs of groceries and stuff) but they thankfully loosened up after a while.   It might have been better to do a recovery run on the treadmill, but I don't want to waste this weather.

Then, shoulder exercises:

Bent over rows, single arm(5)
deltoid raises, side and front(5)
Cuban press(5)
Iron cross(5)
lying one-arm lateral raise(10)
rotator cuff exercises(10)
bar rear delt row(5)
shrugs(5)

X3

I've been thinking about putting the last two exercises in front because they felt kind of like an afterthought.  Oh, I'm on the bench with the easier exercises, done the set! oh, no, wait...  If the last two are first, that wouldn't affect the single arm rows too much, I think, and I wouldn't have to glove/deglove an extra time.

The deltoid raises went really well; I've definitely noticed an improvement with them.  The iron cross, on the other hand........punishing.  I'm determined to do 5 reps, but I'm allowing myself to switch from 10 lb to 5 lb dumbbells if I just can't lift my arms parallel to the floor.  Yeah, 5 lbs.  Big spender! And brutal exercise, but in a very satisfying way.  Likewise, to a smaller degree, the Cuban press.  That one's a good pre-pump for the Iron Cross.  Man, I dig the names.

I did some of the daily double...:/  But, hey, I did all of the weight workouts for the week, and I still have Saturday...



No comments: