Thursday, June 6, 2013

Rain!

Yesterday: nothing.  Discomfort woke me up sometime before 4:30 am and the day didn't improve much from there.

But today I bounced back!  We jogged for about 70 minutes, down the easy route and further along another road, then cut back through the forest.  The mental adjustment required to switch from coasting along the road to picking among roots was a bit unpleasant, but the dog's improved mood made up for it.  He didn't like the drizzle, he didn't like being by the road, he especially disliked running on the wet shoulder, but once we turned onto the trail, he perked up.

It was a good run.  My only complaint was that I wish it had been longer.  I wasn't expecting to cut off that much time running through the forest.

After that, legs.  A slightly revamped workout this time:

squats(5)
deadlifts(5)
single leg squats(?) (just 2, because I was sore)
single calf raises(5)
goblet squats(10)
straight leg deadlifts(8) (lighter weight, this is actually more of a relaxing exercise)
single leg butt bridge(5)
clamshells(15)

X 4, eventually 5.

Then the daily double.

(Shoot, while I'm at it, I should type out the last workout I did.  I don't know if I can remember it anymore!):
Bent over rows, single arm(5)
deltoid raises, side and front(5)
lying one-arm lateral raise(5)
rotator cuff exercises(5--I should be doing more reps with a lighter weight...maybe I can grab some ankle weights)
shrugs(5)
bar rear delt row(?)
Cuban press(5)
Iron cross(5)

But I actually forget the order! oh, well.  I think I did the bench stuff before the iron cross to give myself a bit of a rest, but I'm not sure.  Next time, I'll sort it out.

No comments: