Monday, June 24, 2013

Rain!

But not during my run!  It happened afterward, while I was mortaring.  I actually delayed the mortaring by a day to avoid the rain predicted that day, and we ended up with a couple of random small rain storms!

Anyway, yesterday, I jogged with the dog for 85 minutes, and then my husband joined us for another 45.  Total 2:10.  It was easy though muggy for the most part, but by the end I was fatigued by the heat and humidity, and I kept getting stitches in my side.

But no daily double! BAD!  However, I got a good workout with the concrete blocks.  I ended up crashing at about 9 pm, and slept 10 hours solid.  This was badly needed: my sleep had been short for at least a few days prior to that.

Today: rest day. But I did the daily double!  I'm working on my attitude.  Hey, it's only a couple of minutes or so out of my day: JUST NIKE SLOGAN.   I did all the pushups in one go too.  Usually, it's been 15 and 10, with the situps in between...nah.  Get them done, get them gone.  I usually do them more slowly, but today I built up some momentum and just slammed them through.  There are pros and cons to all approaches, but it seems the quick and dirty is the order of the day for now.

No comments: