Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Rain!

I think I've eaten gluten recently, but the source is a mystery.  It might have been in the takeout sushi I've eaten practically every Saturday for the past few months.  Cross-contamination can happen any time.  Or it was in the sausages that we used in a stew.  Usually my husband checks with the butcher, and these sausages were made on the premises, but sometimes soy sauce sneaks into the flavoring.

Anyway, I didn't get quite enough sleep and this morning was rough, but I ran the hills.  My legs were hollow and I couldn't feel an effective drive/core at all, but my pacing was decent at least.  My time was 39:40, about 8:10-15/mile.  Considering the hills and my condition, I'm pleased.

The last large hill was as brutal as ever, but fortunately a downpour started right when I was at the bottom.  Up until then I was feeling warm and I was starting to lose heart.  I couldn't have asked for better timing!

Meanwhile, the dog slept in.

Then I did legs, the same workout as before though I've altered the number of reps for a few of the exercises.  The heavy squats and deadlifts are still just 5 reps apiece, and they felt really effective today.  My breathing and form were solid, and I sorted out a new little glitch in my left shoulder (yep, a shoulder once again) by not allowing it to drop or droop. 

Then the daily double, which was abysmal!  Out of juice!

Is the high for Thursday really supposed to be 35C?  I can't complain though: these early mornings have been surprisingly comfortable. 

No comments: