Saturday, April 6, 2013

The Hunger

We ran for an hour and a half today, including the hilly goat loop--and they were bleating when we went by--and some more hills, then the forest, then more hills.  It wasn't easy but the weather cooperated.

And then I did some weights: leg exercises.  I was tired, it was tough, etc.   A new argument for a bar instead of dumbbells has arisen: with dumbbells, I have to watch where I put them down while I'm doing squats and deadlifts.  Not a big deal when they're not heavy, but they were heavy today.  The plates have a larger diameter than the usual dumbbell ends and so they come very close to the floor in between reps, leaving a margin somewhat narrower than the height of my feet.  I suppose my steel toed boots are in that one box in the closet that I still haven't unpacked. 

Then I did the daily minimum, 20/20.

We've bought some goat whey powder with which to combat the hunger.  I have nearly eaten all of the junk food my parents left here.  We were doing so well diet-wise, but I've enjoyed eating all those candies and chips, but now it's time to figure out how to combat the evening cravings more sensibly.

No comments: