Friday, April 19, 2013

solidarity

All three of us had a blah run today.  It was overcast and breezy, but 25C or so and humid.  I didn't feel specifically sore from the bike riding yesterday, just generally fatigued with one sore spot: my left knee.  I've been having the nighttime issues with it again: it somehow settles into an unfavourable angle, not a big deal until I move and wrench/lock it into a worse one.  I'm a bit puzzled because usually this is a gluten-related issue, but I've otherwise not been sick this week, and I've eaten just at home.   Anyway, the knee thing doesn't usually affect running, however, unless lateral movements are involved.  Like today, we ran on a couple of the busy roads, and passing cars required side steps and accompanying twinges.  It wasn't bad, but with the humidity and fatigue, it led to crabbiness.

I funneled that into a pretty decent arm/shoulder workout.   I also did ten pushups, but postponed the rest of the daily double until this evening.  I was dripping. 

Running-wise, I don't feel discouraged at all.  Oftentimes, a poor run one day leads to a really good one the next day, plus I might do a long treadmill run on Sunday if I can find coverage of the London Marathon.

No comments: