Wednesday, April 24, 2013

~ :(

Long walk through the forest with the dog, then arm exercises/weights and the daily double.

There was a tragic moment.  I found a beetle struggling on the garage floor.  It looked like it had escaped from a spider's web.  I removed as much of the fibre entangling its back legs as possible, a delicate operation, and then I considered putting a drop or two of water near it because it seemed sort of dehydrated (hard to tell with the exoskeletal folks, but this one lacked the usual beetle vigour).

And then I chided myself for the distractions.  Weights now, beetle later.  At least until the next set.

I lay on the bench and did some chest presses, and then I moved my feet a bit to get up.  And I heard a surprisingly loud sound halfway between a snap and a pop.

That poor beetle had crawled from under the middle of the bench to past the end, and it had definitely been dehydrated.

No comments: