Sunday, April 21, 2013

ehhh

I had grand plans of waking up somewhat early to catch at least some of the London marathon, but didn't find possible live feeds until after I'd slept in.  Plan B: watch last year's London marathon.  This necessitated setting up the treadmill: moving a semi-busted book shelf in front of it that is fortunately strong enough to support a laptop, and finding two short stacks of disposable books of the same height to support the back end of the treadmill and eliminate its otherwise inevitable incline.  Fortunately, I'd already dragged the treadmill into place and had a power cord ready.

Unfortunately, the wireless signal was hampered.  There is considerable interference here thanks to the training areas nearby, and so I usually switch to 5 GHz, but the Roku doesn't recognize this frequency, and my husband was watching TV.  After several stop-starts in short succession, my legs started to cramp up.  So, 15 minute recovery run!  Probably a wise adjustment: I am unused to running on the flat.

I also did the daily double, and went for a short hike with my husband and the dog.


No comments: