Wednesday, April 3, 2013

APG 2007-2008

^A blast from the past!  My parents stayed with us for the Easter long weekend, and though I gave them the anti-gluten primer (#4: don't wipe up normal breadcrumbs with the cloth dishrag), I seem to have ingested some.  Perhaps I also fought off a cold yesterday...anyway, my guts are rebelling and so it's back to the old APG trick: run in the forest and hope for the best.  Fortunately, there is a forest but a minute or so away!  Finally, the convenience of this place--pretty much just the proximity of that forest--outweighs all the inconveniences!

Anyway, we jogged/walked for nearly 50 minutes today.  Just one loose dog today, and he was beyond a fork, so we took the other path and missed him completely.   I'm feeling kind of worn out but we hit the Triplet hard--at least, it felt hard even though I walked up the hills before it and wasn't already breathing heavy when I got to it.  But judging by my dog's apparent quicker gait, I was slower today.  Things stayed solid, though, which is very encouraging.

And then I did arm and shoulder exercises with weights.  I thought about doing a Zwow, but any jumping/squatting/bending over/etc is repugnant today.  Again, I was noticeably weaker than a few days ago (quantifiably so: I had to drop a few reps) but hopefully I'll recover soon.  Lots of water, tea, fruits, and supplements in the meantime, as well as the satisfaction of tender arms.

I would like to do the Triplet twice and some sort of leg routine tomorrow.  I'm falling under the spell of the weights; I'm considering embarking on the classic arms, legs, and core rotation.   I lift very lightly compared to others who lift, but I still enjoy the exhaustion and euphoria.  


No comments: