Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The green dust

I am reliving the yellow dust of Korea (and, by further extension, the Gobi Desert).  I biked to town on an errand, an easy 15ish min spin, and the hue of the bike and my thighs, and probably my face, was visibly altered by the end of it.  There are clouds of pollen blowing by. 

However, breathing-wise, I'm fine.  I suppose it helps that I've already eaten a fair bit of the stuff, if one is to believe the naturopathic principle behind eating pollen.  However, the thought of a bunch of dust entering my respiratory system is not entirely comfortable.  Mucociliary elevator, activate!

Walk and the daily minimum today, plus biking.  A note about the daily minimum--I do 2 sets of 10 pushups because I'm a wuss and 20 in one go is not quite happening yet.  But I think I'm getting stronger more quickly doing more at once than when I was greasing the groove--BTW, gym double entendres are rampant, but google Pavel Tsatsouline--I haven't been giving it a totally fair shot, but I've been doing 5 pushups four or five times a day for the past month or so, and they didn't start feeling easier until I started doing 2 X 10 several days ago.  There has been a significant improvement since then.  I guess I wasn't greasing the groove enough.

No comments: