Tuesday, April 28, 2009

recovering

Well, my foot thing is still a bit dodgy...last felt a twinge while doing, of all things, yoga.

My mood was plummeting, so I figured I had to start off each day with yoga. Just 10-15 min to start. If I feel too tired to start reeling off the sun saluts, then I do some tai chi. I think it's helped a lot, that and taking iron supplements. My blood pressure is apparently lower than normal--I went to the nurse yesterday and it was 82/60. I just feel tired, not dizzy, but it seems to take me a while to get up in the morning. Fortunately, I'm working part-time, evening shift.

I've been mostly walking, throwing in jogging as I see fit. The dog and I have been covering abou 4-7 miles a day. I might try to do more tomorrow, will see. My best bet at this point is to do what feels right, and get to the ultra as rested as possible. I would like to do about 16 miles this weekend, though, just to give the fat-burning process a gentle reminder.

I also have to sit down and look at the course, the drink/pit stops, the drop stops, etc, and figure out fueling. I would like to have a couple of drop bags.

I have other plans, too. The Ottawa marathon is coming up. I really don't know how I'll feel two weeks after the ultra, but in some ways it'll be easier than running an entire marathon, judging by how marathon pace and ultra marathon 'pace' workouts feel. It took me nearly six hours to do a marathon a la ultra, but I felt fine afterwards. And if I take it not entirely seriously, that will reduce the pressure.

I was considering going as Amy Winehouse, but the eyeliner would likely run more than I would. (lol)
Today, I thought of the landlady from Kung Fu Hustle. It would be a funny costume without people understanding the character, and turns out she can run pretty fast, lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPFECDepBdI

Still haven't signed up for the marathon...

No comments: