Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Arboreteum

Dog drama! some dog ran up to my dog while we were in the Arboreteum. My dog was leashed (apparently the only one in there that was) and the other dog was loose. It dashed right up to my dog and I didn't quite see what was going on because my dog was slightly behind me, but I think the other dog snapped at him. I wasn't sure, though, so we just kept going. Other than that, it was a nice relaxing jaunt.

We jogged 5 miles very slowly (like in 53 min) and that was enough, so we walked a slightly hilly loop 6-7 times and then went home. If I feel better, I'll likely go back to that portion later in the week.

The good news is that my foot seems to be getting better, and I feel a little less sick, and my thyroid is normal. I have some nodules in my parotid glands which are probably harmless--will get them checked again in the fall.

The bad news is that my legs still weigh a ton and I'm tired and I will have to see a cardiologist. The stats from my 48 hr heart monitoring were interesting:

min beats per minute: 41
max beats per minute: 202
max beats per minute w/ tachycardia: 228.

apparently, the electrical impulses of my heart are funky, so we'll see what I find out about managing this.

I forgot to ask my doctor about running the ultramarathon, lol. She's supportive of running, but she did say to take it easy. The thing is, the ultra would be a very easy effort, just for a long while. However, this fatigue I'm feeling in general is pretty discouraging. I shouldn't feel like crap moving 10:30-11 min/mile for just a few.

I'm going to try to be more consistent with taking iron pills. Another factor might be the Pill...I've been on a new kind for the past 3 months and it has not agreed with me at all. Just a few more days to finish the present cycle, and that will be that. I will switch to another kind but I don't want to start a new cycle just yet--two weeks without extra synthesized hormones will hopefully help me recover for the ultra.

So, I feel a little more relieved, but still in limbo and still logey.
We did 10.25 miles today.

No comments: