Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday, still Sunday....

Well, the dog and I jogged for about 11 miles and then walked home, so 11.4-5ish altogether in about two hours. It was an easy effort, but not the dead-easy effort it should have been at that pace. I had actually eaten beforehand, too, and nothing crazy--I was fueled, but didn't feel like it. My legs were pretty much dead the whole way.

I'm trying to figure this out because it's a bit frustrating. I don't mind jogging at 10:30/mile, but I do when it's feeling like 9:00/mile and there's no snow or anything to account for it.

1. I'm still tired from the marathon. Could be.
2. I'm still tired from the killer speedwork session two weeks ago. More likely than 1.
3. I'm just tired. But why?
4. Tired from work last night. probably not, because it wasn't a strenuous shift and I slept better than normal, like almost 7 hrs. lol
5. Low on sleep in general. could be! My sleep patterns got messed up last week with the lab assignments.
6. poor nutrition. could be. I don't have much of an appetite these days, except for junk food. Yeah, I should know better...I try to eat enough fresh fruit and protein, at least, but not sure about vegs or carbs.
7. I'm all messed up because of this new birth control pill I've been on for the last two months. Probably. I don't want to go into details, but my cycle's totally jacked up, and being on the pill always seems to make me more tired and slower to recover anyway.
8. I'm just tired and messed up because of stress...could be. The last few years have been sort of hard on me, and I'm looking forward to a nice two-year long posting in a nice place without my husband deploying. :) That hasn't started yet, though, and I've been feeling more and more strung out. I have a thyroid ultrasound next week (my doctor said it looked enlarged) and I'm still waiting on the holter monitor results.
9. Getting significant palpitations two weeks in a row (which is somewhat uncommon) has tired out my heart. It's still repairing itself or something.
10. I'm just tired at this stage of training. Could be, but I haven't been peaking or even remotely peaking.
11. Maybe I should have taken more step-back mileage weeks. Maybe.


well,whatever, I'll see how it goes. I wish my foot would stop hurting, though! some days, it's fine, other days, it's sore. It hurts mostly on the arch of my right foot, though sometimes the ache spreads to my big toe joint or to my instep. This is the sort of thing I usually stretch out and jog (lightly!) through, and it goes away...I haven't had this very long and it'll probably go away, too, but with everything else going on, it seems insurmountable.

Sorry to be such a downer.

on the plus side, the dog and I had a really nice 2 hr jog/walk along the river on the Hull side!

No comments: