Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Another burger

Yesterday: 2 miles with the dog in the morning, 5.5ish miles with both boys in the afternoon. We ran a different section of the Smithville lake trail system, and it was warm. 62F.

Today: I was feeling tired so I slept in instead of running in the morning. My husband's obligations ended earlier than expected this morning; he returned and we had a very short discussion about where to run. Him: "I have a crazy idea..." Me: "Local Burger?"

Back to the levee, just six-ish miles this time (actually turned out to be 5.9). We had a strong headwind going out, but it wasn't quite strong enough to be uncomfortable. The surface of the levee is beyond compare; it feels akin to running on a thick carpet, soft and flat. It's a weird sort of juxtaposition to be running on something which feels so indoors while all other sensations are decidedly outdoors. However, I got into a nice zone again. There's no point in looking far ahead because things are even further away than they seem, and there's not much point in looking just ahead either because there is almost nothing to trip on. I think I mostly gazed at the fields, but mainly inward, though I don't remember specifically what I was thinking about except when I was wondering just how warm the temps were. I was feeling kind of hot by the end.

Turns out it was 67F or so! That's 18C.

Since I've been feeling kind of drained lately, I decided to have the 1/2 lb burger.

No comments: