Tuesday, January 24, 2012

no more winter

And I have access to a treadmill: we're in a hotel. Admittedly, I've had TM access for a few days now, but those were long travel days. Fortunately, we were very good about bringing and eating healthy snacks (no combos, cheetos, doritos, Nerds, etc); this is a huge victory for me because sitting in the car for more than half an hour inspires terrible salt, sugar, and sat fat cravings. This trip, I have eaten some junk food, namely two "turtles", a caramel, and half a praline from Grandpa, but that's good ole homegrown Ohio baking and candy making and doesn't seem to count: I overheard someone saying they had "energy, not calories" and this person was possibly Grandma. I couldn't argue with Grandma. http://www.grandpascheesebarn.com/ Admittedly, I've also eaten some other candy, but this was a gift from Sugar Mountain back home...believe it or not, compared to road trips past, we have been on a Zen diet! I nearly broke down and bought some Smart Food popcorn somewhere in Indiana, or Illinois, but they didn't stock it. Saved! I didn't hit a single rest stop vending machine and all I got from gas stations was fruit, vegetables and milk. Incredible!

My secret: http://www.beanladies.com/products.html. The dill pickle ones are a brilliant substitute for chips.

At any rate, it is so much warmer here and I'm feeling almost recovered, finally! Most of my clothing is still inaccessible, even the clothing that came with us: my large bag is crammed in the bottom of the roof carrier and we will never get all that stuff back in there a 2nd time so it might as well be on Mars. Meanwhile, I bought a cheap tshirt and jogging pants (and more underwear): I can work out.

Today: 3 boring TM miles and most of a Seinfeld episode. We have found a place to live in but still have a week and a bit to kill elsewhere.

No comments: