Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 2

Or Day 1 of a gentle restorative cleanse. It's time to detox!

This is my second cleanse and supposedly hopefully not as extreme as my first, which was almost seven years ago and involved drinking a can of something that came with rather specific instructions: before bed, and not before a workday. I'm still sceptical about the benefits of totally wiping the slate clean like that, but after a few weeks of taking the prescribed supplements and quitting my biweekly fish and chips habit (the doctor was very specific about that), I went from falling asleep while standing and talking (actually I was teaching, so falling asleep was awkward, but not as awkward as what once happened in the subway) to feeling incredibly buoyant.

We'll see how I feel after this one.

I'm actually still on Day 1 of body rocking too: Day 2 wasn't posted in time. I did the planks and ran 3 miles alone in the howling cold. -29C windchill is actually pretty comfortable for a short run as long as I don't stop at all. My route wound up and down and around the neighbourhood, depending on traffic and lights. I started with a weird left hip twinge and managed to get rid of it.

3 comments:

Fran said...

Do fill us in with details of your cleanse!

cs said...

I got sick, probably unrelated, but it masked whatever the cleanse was doing. Will try again.

cs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.