Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Insomnia!!!

This motel has no insulation and the heater/blower is very sensitive to temperature fluctuations while having no sensitivity of output. Accordingly, it's noisy and it kicks into and out of action every few minutes. I will time this now just to be sure:

Time off: 1:48
Time on: 2:03

This is deranging me more and more! I'm playing a white noise generator to no avail--actually, we have three such programs and we rotate them because a given sound loses its effectiveness over time. I wish the same could be said for the heater noise. I'm becoming more and more of a zombie.

We have 4 (not counting tonight) more nights in this place...

2 comments:

Fran said...

Earplugs?

cs said...

I usually have some handy but threw all mine out prior to the move. Will have to get some in case the new place is tricky to get used to.