Saturday, March 27, 2010

Day 61

I felt sort of crappy this morning, didn't sleep much. I'd hoped to get up earlier, oh, well! I won't be staying up past midnight tonight so should get on a better schedule.

Anyway, I ran for 95 minutes. It was going to be a shorter run but I met a friend and was feeling good, so it happened. Hey, I've done my long run for the week! I'm not sure what I'll run tomorrow, but considering I got back into speedwork with the club this week, 2 sessions, 1:35 is plenty for a long run. I'll probably still jog with the dog for 20-30 minutes sometime this afternoon--he wasn't with me this morning--but I'm already at 540 minutes for the week. I blame the doubles!

Actually, I prefer the doubles and running more. It makes things a lot easier. Muscularly, I'm a do or don't person--I know this from being a music student for umpteen years. I had to put in my time practicing, but once I got to a certain volume of practicing, things fell in place. Same thing with running, seems like. It feels smoother to do 50 miles/week than 30ish, and I've noticed this before. IT's kind of ridiculous doing doubles for just 50ish miles/week, but I'm trying to get used to running commuting, and it's really nice to just coast for 30 odd minutes in the morning, no pressure.

So, things are definitely improving, bit by bit!

I feel like a nap now. The dog is napping already and he didn't even run today.

Edit: had a nap, did some stuff, and then took the dog out for a 30 min jog. Again, a good run. I'm sort of mystified.

I've been tinkering with recovery drinks--I was washing down my iron supplements with a glass of milk, and then I recently found out that that inhibits iron absorption. oops. So I got some almond milk and tried it out yesterday...except I put some whey and molasses in it. Then I realized that whey comes from milk. oops...but apparently whey actually helps absorption. So I guess I'm on the right track after all and I'm having the same drink now. I didn't feel much of an effect from the speedwork yesterday, even though I haven't run that fast since August, and maybe the drink had something to do with it, or the other drink of note that I had yesterday: homemade ginger beer. :)

total for this week:570 minutes of jogging/running. Not sure what I'll do tomorrow.

No comments: