Sunday, March 21, 2010

Day 55

Saturday: 20 min jog with my husband to loosen up. I was feeling kind of off because of a dietary mishap the day before--a mild one, but I wasn't still recovered from the larger mishap the week before. I started getting stiffness/soreness in my shoulders as well as the usual pain in my abdomen. Fortunately the former didn't stick at least! I'm going to be really careful with my diet this next week so that I can get rid of the gut pain too before I start my practical.

Today: 1:40 run with my husband and dog--mostly on dirt with some small hills, so we weren't going fast at all, but it was a nice run. Then I did resistance exercises. Those have been coming along well: besides the other exercises, I'm now up to 50 full sit ups and 20 (girl) pushups on hard days, and 40/15 on easy days. Having to do the girl pushups irks me, but I'm building it up slowly because the shoulder area still doesn't feel quite right. I guess it had been inflamed for too long and it sort of jams up...I'm not quite sure what's going on but I figure I'm still not strong enough to hold good form. I've been experimenting with different hand positions to figure out a way to manage it, but meanwhile, the girl pushups work.

No comments: