Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 49

Daylight savings and a morning appointment at the vet turned our run this morning into a long walk. I was happy with that.

The day turned out to be beautiful, though, and all three of us ended up going for a short run in the afternoon. It was an important milestone:

I wore shorts for the first time this year.

I forget what the temperature was, but it was sunny and not too windy and somewhere above zero. I wore a long-sleeved shirt on top of a short-sleeved shirt, and ended up taking off the former because it was quite warm.

It felt so nice to be wearing lighter clothes, though it was a bit daunting at first. I haven't lost much (or pretty much any) of the 15 pounds I'd gained, although more is muscle and less is fat than before...but it's still mostly on my thighs and rear. My limbs have gotten paler, more dimply, etc, etc...the shorts have gotten tighter.

The thing is, I'm not sure if the shorts (or a few pairs of pants that I would really like to fit into again) will ever get much looser. I've been doing a fair number of squats and other resistance exercises, which has been enabling a certain genetic predisposition: pit pony thighs. Can't complain too much though because I really want to get stronger! Just have to get toned too.

No comments: