Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Swelter

Wasn't that the name of the nasty cook at Gormenghast? Anyway, today might as well have been inside a kitchen. It was hot and humid, and the rain only added to that.

Oh, backtrack--Tuesday, a few easy miles. That's all I squeezed in amidst working a bit, having an eye appointment, and then another interview.

Ok, Wednesday--HOT. Long intervals. I was going to do 5, but after 4, I was cooked. I had eaten dinner a little quickly, so that was starting to play up. Still, I didn't really feel crappy until I did the sprints afterwards...only managed two. My head was a little light. So, I sat in the shade and somehow didn't do the cool down jog. Afterwards, I found out that most of my 5 minute intervals were in the 1.2-1.24 km range, except for the last one, like 1.1. haha

However, while the workout was hard, I think it helped having done the 5K race recently. It was so hot that I somehow was distracted enough to not think of how many intervals I had left to do, nor even how many minutes left in the interval I was on. It all seemed to go by quickly because I was doing only 5 min at a time, and not 20+. Neat how that works. Unfortunately, I didn't have it in me to do the last one. Oh, well.

No comments: