Monday, July 21, 2008

Needing endorphins

Yes, another post for today...pretend I wrote the last one yesterday.

I forgot the big news, though: my husband has finally made it to the post where he'll spend the rest of the year. Fortunately, the deployment started when he reached Kuwait, about a month ago...at any rate, I'm relieved.

Other than that, today was sort of blah. My job was fine, and it was actually not a stinking hot morning so that was nice too....but I felt sort of tired. Hot humid weather drags me down. Plus, the bus ride home irked me. I made it in time for my bus, theoretically. It was evidently early or vaporized or something, and the one after it was almost 10 minutes late. I can study on the bus easily, but I find it hard to concentrate when I'm waiting for a bus. Oh, well. I could get off my butt and get a bike or a knapsack that I would wear while running. Maybe when it gets cooler.

When I got home, I got a call about another possible job....involving more bus commuting.

This depressed me, so I went for a run. It was just a jog. The first twenty minutes were stiff, and then I settled into autopilot, mulling over all this stuff going on. I wanted to keep things super easy, but caught myself gradually speeding up a few times...however, it was still an easy run (8.54 miles) and I feel a little better now because of it. I will try to keep things shorter tomorrow, though, because I have a time trial on Wednesday.

No comments: