Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A new leaf

I'm trying to get the dog and I onto a morning exercise schedule: walking and/or running before I go to work. It's been hit or miss, and with a fenced-in backyard that I can just chuck him into, it's easy to miss.

This is somewhat futile as my hours will shift in a week and a half, but it's not a matter of waking up earlier, just waking up and getting out of bed instead of continuing to half-sleep in there for another hour like I've been doing.

It helped, too, that I woke up with another vivid dream, and vivid tune...I couldn't go back to sleep after that. It was a bit horrid. I still have the tune stuck in my head.

So we got up and jogged about 3 miles this morning. It was a mixed success. Yes, we got out there. Unfortunately, my dog wasn't in the mood for the recovery run/dead slow pace I was favouring, so it was an annoying run. He's pretty good, but needs reminders when I'm on a lower gear than him, and that totally blows the relaxation. Not to mention that I don't really like running with him a lot anyway. Even though he rarely pulls, and runs alongside me, I tend to keep the leash arm rigid, and this throws everything out of whack. He needs to run, though, and maybe 2-3 times a week will be enough.

It was good for both of us to get out there, though.

But it was clammy!! Very moist.

No comments: