Wednesday, October 16, 2013

ehhhh

Running?  I put on my running clothes, but the dog didn't get pumped, unlike the water in the upper filtration unit of the koi palace...the waterfall has a leak.   Didn't use quite enough silicone.

After that setback, at which point the temps seemed kind of too warm for comfortable running, I decided to get pumped myself.  However, I quickly got reacquainted with an annoying back tightness.  It's on my left side, and I've followed its journey: left achilles tightness => left hamstring tightness => left butt tightness => left back tightness.  This has been going on for a while but I wasn't concerned because I've had past issues dissipate in a similar fashion.  It hasn't affected running as far as I can tell, or life in general.

But that twinge really got in the way of lifting this morning.  Even during delt flies.  I quit, and then I reconsidered.  Sometimes total rest is best, but I've never done anything that major to myself, and have found it best to keep active.  So I cut back the weights and kept going.

This is an "opportunity" to work on form and go deeper.  And I'll keep stretching.

No comments: