Wednesday, October 30, 2013

cleaner cleans

I haven't run in the past two days...I went to the forest with the dog with the intention of running, but the jacked up temps and humidity were a powerful dissuasion.  Tomorrow is supposed to be 23 C, but the low in between should be 13C, so maybe a more comfortable jog is in my near future.

At any rate, weightlifting this evening went really well.  My numbers are finally closer to what they used to be, still pitiful, but less so.  The power cleans were perhaps a bit messy, and definitely not euphoric, but they were mentally solid.  Other exercises such as the bench press and overhead press initially seem more fraught with danger, but the prospect of dropping something heavy on my face can't compare to ramming it against my larynx and knocking myself flat backwards, and then dropping it on my face.

However, I suppose I've gotten over most of that, or at least accepted it, and I can focus on the motion instead of its perils.  If the past is any guide, however, the perils aren't done chirping.  There will be waves of insecurity.  If I'm lucky, I'll get some good numbers out of the crest until I'm tossed in the trough again.

As for running, I'm in a sandpit, but mainly literally.



No comments: