Saturday, October 19, 2013

~

"Train like a Dog",  by Mackenzie Lobby, quotes a pro dog trainer, Jt Clough: "There's no bad time of day for them; they're always ready to go."

I suppose these are the same dogs that wake up their owners at 5:30 am, so I should count my blessings.  Especially since my dog's reluctance to run is predictable: sleeping in is better, especially when one of the humans is likewise doing so.  Whenever I leave before my husband, I haul an anchor out of the house.  Ok, not really, but I have to employ enough honeyed coaxing to make me wonder if I need to pick the green M&Ms out of the candy bowl backstage.  LOL

But today was one of those foggy days without incipient jacked-up heat.  The humidity was uncomfortable, but there was no rush.  My husband left to get a haircut, and we set out without issues.  Average jog, 2 hr 15.  We had one loose dog, but the owner earned a gold star: she apologized, ran out and withdrew her dog, and apologized.  She was doing yardwork and accidentally left a gate open.  I reassured her.  I should have told her that she's the first dog owner I've met here who has behaved decently during this sort of thing.  Accidents happen, but failing to run out and grab a loose dog is deliberate.

The rest of the day will be devoted to Art--that deadline is starting to loom, EEEEEEEE--eating, and resting for a 3+ hr jog tomorrow.

No comments: