Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day 99

I didn't make it to the zoo today. This wasn't the original plan, especially since I felt a bit sluggish and it felt a bit more humid and hot out there even though I started almost an hour earlier today...but once I started rolling, it seemed like a good time to aim for the zoo.

The riverwalk path stops after a while, but the route continues to the zoo--I think it eventually rejoins the river and this is the part I'm curious about. I stopped with the path yesterday; today I went up, crossed the street, and took a few minutes to get out of a dead end path and through a park and into another couple of dead ends...finally, I was on another path, a really nice one beside a golf course. That turned into a somewhat ratty bike path behind a commercial street, and then that ended at Mulberry Street. Yes, I remember the name!

Turns out that I was on the right path, but should have turned left onto Mulberry for a bit...well, I'll take a look at one of the maps on the route next time I attempt this. I might try on Friday and do speedwork on Thursday because a long run after tempo or intervals often feels really good...will see how I feel tomorrow. I really want to see the rest of the route because I think it'll be nicer than the last part I ran. It wasn't bad or nasty, just not as good as the part right beside the river.

I chafed a bit today probably because it was more humid. It's still drier than back home, though--running in 25ishC here felt like running in 17C or so there.

No comments: