Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 124

So this morning I oozed out of bed into my running clothes and out the door (not without noticing a new acrid odour), and two minutes later, I was back. The air was smoky from forest fires. It didn't seem prudent nor fun to run.

I biked 1:20 to/from errands, and then ran for 45 min in the evening. The air quality had improved a lot. I felt a bit tired but breathing was fine and I seemed to be moving at a fair clip with a 4-2 pattern of breathing. I didn't have a garmin but I looked at my watch at the 2 mile mark and it was 18:15ish. My legs felt a bit heavy, not sore, just guarded or something, which could be from Saturday's 5K.

Then sit ups--just 10 of them, but with the medicine ball. I've found what seems to be a good alignment but, oh, the burn.

I've also resumed pushups, just 2 at a time umpteen times a day.

And my husband rescued a good bench for me (it was outside an apartment building but good quality and in good shape) so I will be able to do a greater variety of exercises with that.

No comments: