Thursday, May 20, 2010

Day 113

I took a break from the international food fair today.

55 minutes in the morning with the dog--we did the usual loop and then a bit extra.

The forecast thunderstorms did not happen, so my evening run was kind of hot and sunny (26C). However, I did speedwork!

6X 2 min hard, 2 min easy. Lazy, I know, but, oh, I have excuses!

The intervals were a bit sluggish: @ 7:09, 7:12, 6:53, 7:00, 7:04, 7:08/mile. Slow but that happens. I'm feeling pretty tired and a bit run down (could be the reduced iron supplement dosage, too--it's been a few weeks and perhaps I should go back to what I was doing before because I felt better and my iron stores were still low so no danger of overdosing. lol). I think I'll do one last light bit of speedwork early next week and that will be that.

I've gotten much more consistent with pushups, 4-5ish times a day--I can still do only a couple or so proper ones at a time, though! baby steps...

Sit ups, I've cut from 100 to 15...with a 8lb medicine ball. I was getting tired of all that counting. I'm still trying to find the best way to hold the ball--right now I'm holding it a bit above my head with elbows bent. That seems to target the areas I want to target but it still feels like I have to get used to it. After the 15, which are pretty hard, I do 20 without the ball just because.

No comments: