Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 102

30ish minutes jogging yesterday, stiff after being in planes and dealing with Continental's crap. Usually it's best to announce gate changes before boarding is complete, right? Fortunately, most of the plane wasn't told either so they had to wait for us. Nice of them! And then the plane had mechanical problems...

The funny thing was, when I was waiting for the plane at the original gate, I noticed that the people also waiting at that gate seemed somewhat different from most of the people in that place:

mother dealing with her children in a reasonable and effective fashion using multi-syllable words instead of the same old empty repeated threat or bribe (unlike the woman who was watching the children kicking the back of my seat on the previous flight)
Orthodox priest
fit lady who looked like she was in the process of male to female-reassignment. She looked like she was near the end, actually, but it's hard to disguise the thicker rib cage and thinner hips of male puberty when wearing lycra. She was more toned than 99% of the people wearing lycra in that place, so props to her. Or maybe she was dealing with a different endocrine balance. I'm curious about these issues (have been ever since I was told that women don't have visible adam's apples, but I do!)
fit young lady not exposing too much skin
no visible tramp stamps--I like seeing good tattoos, but the poor little blurry butterfly/amphibian/dolphin/?? clinging onto the bulge of dimply flesh squished up from underneath low-rise pants really breaks my heart
no threadbare sweats or doughy people poured into their clothes
old fit people
no weirdly grey complexions

Ok, I hate us vs them stereotypes but after a couple of hours walking around people in that airport, I noticed a slight difference in this bunch and figured that we all headed to the same place and not SC or wherever.

And then I overheard someone asking about the Ottawa flight--I actually had asked if a previous flight being boarded was for Ottawa--no, Omaha. So I figured that the Ottawa flight was delayed because it was still displayed at that gate and the gate attendant didn't correct me. And then I heard her say to someone else a short time later, oh, Ottawa? what? Gate A10. So I went to the shuttle bus and then, gradually, was rejoined by the rest of that same crowd!

I slept lots last night and got up around 9 and headed out about twenty minutes later. My dog forced me out...he hasn't run all week and was pretty anxious to go. But it was cold out! I had to wear a hat and gloves and layers. After a while, I saw slight flurries even! It was a bit abrupt to go from wringing out the sweat in my tank top and short-shorts to that! The wind was monstrous.

A good run, though. I was tired but it felt good to run. I actually brought the Garmin again to check the distance of the route: 1:20/ 8.54 miles. Ok, the route was actually 7.6ish miles but I kept coasting to get to 80 minutes. LOL

Then 100 full sit ups for the very first time in my life! I'm still dealing with push up issues and some soreness and swelling in my armpits/chest/shoulders, but the sit ups are going well.

No comments: