Sunday, May 30, 2010

Day 123

60 minute jog with the dog, situps, pushups, and a lot of spectating about 300M from the finish line.

My husband ran the 1/2 marathon in 1:53--I'm very proud of him.
I saw some friends on the course too--unfortunately, I missed a few people. Within the 1:45/3:45- 2:15/4:15 range, it was packed. That was the definite bulge of the race.

I watched much of the race; I was there for the first elites finishing in 2:10 or so and while jogging with my dog I ended up seeing the last finisher, a woman walking in about 7:30ish (not really sure)....the crews were packing stuff up and then there was this woman with knee braces or compression socks or something of that nature (I can't quite remember) and a police car with flashing lights behind her. The last finisher.

I also saw Rick Ball, the amputee runner who has a few world records--he busted another one! Sub-3 hr marathon!

I also saw a few marathoners who were royally cramping up, could barely stand--they were so close to the finish but such a struggle.

So it was a pretty inspirational day.

No comments: