Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 115

Fri: 25 minute jog. sort of stiff, sort of sore
Sat: 52 minute jog--the same route as earlier in the week (the bridges) plus a bit more. I was still kind of tired and my legs are still feeling heavy. Perhaps diving into "the bridges" route 3 days in a row wasn't the smartest move, as there are a few steep uphills and downhills, but it was a badly-needed change of pace. And I still have a week to recover.

I'm pleased about another aspect though: fat reduction. I got soft last year, couldn't do much muscularly near the end of the gluten challenge, so my weight gain from 115-118ish to 130-133ish lbs was mostly fat/water retention. It took a while for things to start budging, especially since my appetite, rendered voracious due to malabsorption, took a while to settle down, but things are much more reasonable now. My husband is trying to tone up too so we've been trying to eat healthier, walk after supper, etc. Anyway, I got down to 127-130ish and hovered there for maybe two months while I increased my workouts. A couple or so weeks ago, I decided that I would reduce portions a bit (not eat until I was stuffed anymore, basically), and see if I could keep activities up and maybe lose a bit more flab and maybe a bit of weight in the process. I didn't want to focus on the weight, but it has made a difference being heavier. I have a much stronger core now but running still feels sort of logey. Well, a couple of weeks of evening walks and so forth seems to be the key: I'm now in the 122-125 range. My pants still don't all fit--most still don't--but I've been targeting hip flexors and quads/glutes too so maybe some pants will never fit again. And maybe I will never get back down to 115, but if I stay at 125 or whatever, it had better be because I'm strong!
So maybe I'm a bit tired because I've been losing weight, but I'm assuming that it's mostly flab that had to go.

2 comments:

Fran said...

I had to consult the word expert - Google - for an explanation of logey. Thanks for the vocabularical expansion.

cs said...

Google's my expert too! Academically, that might be a bit flimsy, but it's so quick!