Monday, February 2, 2009

recovery Monday

The weather's actually decent!
So the dog and I got out at a decent hour, like pre-nine, and I did my utmost best to move as slowly as I needed to, and I think I succeeded. I had a good recovery run. Part of it was around a park. There were just a couple of other dogs out there, minding their own biz and owners too, so no problems whatsoever letting my dog run loose and sniff some things. The majority of dogs don't really interest him beyond the first minute or so, and while he's patient when dogs rush up and jump on him, it's quite clear with whom he wants to play, and with whom he doesn't, and the majority of dogs are the latter. It is a part of dog behaviour, and those dogs should have the chance to run around, too (probably they need it more than most) but it's much nicer not to have that going on. We worked on some voice commands and we did some easy sprints, too...I followed what my body was telling me, and at a few points, it felt good to lightly sprint. I guess I ran about 2.5 miles and my dog fifty. LOL

At any rate, I think I actually succeeded in having a good recovery run, even if it was more like a fartlek. A lazy fartlek. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Oh, yeah, I also did the morning routine--what's that, eh? And pushups and some resistance exercises, to get the blood flowing. Now school work and then work. So another 1.5 miles jogging to that.

No comments: