Friday, February 20, 2009

crabby

So crabby I might as well just make a crab cake out of it...

Anyway, the dog and I jogged about 5 miles today, and it sucked. lots of wind, snow blown in my eyes...just like on Wednesday (I didn't run yesterday). I'm studying for an exam next week and am feeling drained and unmotivated about that and everything. Part of the problem is that we still don't know where the heck we'll be in June/July. We were supposed to know in early January. Here it is, almost March. I'm not really anal about planning ahead, but I would like to know what colleges I can transfer to before admission deadlines pass. Doesn't help that I'm really pessimistic about my husband's army transfers. And superstitious, too, so I can't even rant about that.

And I'm done with winter.

I just have to get through this Winterman thing I signed up for in a fit of lunacy and then maybe the snow will magically vanish or at least not sting my eyes any more.

Anyway, this run sucked. I had to exercise the dog, of course, and I didn't really feel like it. More and more, I want to run alone, but the dog needs exercise, and yet winter's not the best time for him. So I have to stick closer to home, no crazy out and backs into nowhere, and what with the river routes being blocked, we don't have a lot of options. There's the Canal paths, but I'm getting tired of the Winterlude crowds clogging those and swinging their skates around. LOL. I would have just run up and down our neighbourhood, but that gets boring after a few miles, and I wanted to do an hour's worth.

So we ran down to the river, into the wind, and managed to hit every freaking traffic light on the way over. My dog is scared of buses, thus we take a less arterial route, thus we get to wait for traffic lights. It's down the short ends of blocks, too, which makes it even more exciting. stop start stop start. First mile took about 13 minutes. And then we got to the river, and blowing snow, blah, blah...did a few loops by the War Museum, then went back up the hills home, through ankle deep snow for a few blocks...it just sucked. We did about five miles in an hour.

I'm going to assume the worst, that Winterman is going to be 5X that. Anger will be my tackling fuel.

No comments: