Wednesday, February 11, 2009

procrastination

sort of....I feel like I know the stuff, and then I don't...lol...will get down to a few more hours of practising equations soon...

Anyway, the high today was +9C, which was just amazing. Perfect running weather, I think. I wore a tshirt and long pants for both runs, and there were a few times where it felt a little chilly, but I was pretty comfortable. Actually, it was funny how chillier it felt when running over snow. Yes, snow is colder, etc, etc, but it still amused me how a little bit of white stuff could make it suddenly seem like a walk in freezer.

I can't study 24/7, so I did a few hours in the morning and then took the dog out for about one and a half hours of jogging, just under 8 miles. He's still sort of out of shape, but he isn't the only one with a bit of extra winter jiggle to work off, so I shouldn't say anything. Especially since his pace is more to my liking now. LOL. well, a few more weeks of regular running and he'll be treating me to his particular brand of patronizing resignation: 'ok, if you can't move faster, I guess it's ok.'

And it was warm enough to leave him outside for a few hours to work on a fresh soup bone, so I guess that makes it a red letter day in his books. Lucky boy.

Me, more studying, and then run club!

The workout was 800M-1000M-1200M-1000M-800M, with 2 min breaks...which really weren't long enough. That was the point.

My times:
3:02/6:06 per mile
4:03/6:30
4:58/6:40
4:06 (getting really tired)/6:36
2:57/5:56

I did a similar workout in August that was a bit more successful, I think:


3-4-5-4-3min, .49/6:07/mile, .63/6:21/mile, .77/6:29/mile, .63/6:21 mile, .46/6:31mile

However, I ran 21ish miles on Sunday.

However, back then, I had run almost 21 miles 3 days before, too.

However, this time, we had only 2 min rest.

However, last time, we had only 2 min rest.

Ok, all my blood is in my brain and not in my legs this time round because of this chem exam!! LOL

Honestly, I think the longer intervals were a bit easier this time around--well, yes, they were slower, but, eh....anyway, there was more of a difference in how the final repeat felt. Last time it was the trail of tears, and this time it felt good to end it strong.

Still, I could have lagged less on the longer repeats. I had no mental game whatsoever, was just kind of shut down and coasting through, which was ok, and then the last 1k interval got kind of bogged down near the end. I regretted this, and then suddenly sort of realized that the workout was nearly over and I'd been on another planet or somewhere.

total today: 15.25 miles

oh, yeah, I changed my username....felt like the right thing to do. Not sure why, but, hey~

No comments: