Wednesday, February 25, 2009

easy running

But, first, an added bit of my marathon report--I was at least a minute late in starting. Probably more like two. By the time I started, the road was empty...except for the Winterlude mascots. I can't emphasize enough how surreal that was. Picture a bare road and these great big furry things. I felt like I was in a teletubbies episode or something. Not only did I miss the start, but the planet completely. haha

Anyway, my legs feel a lot better today--still stiff, but better. I jogged with the dog for about four miles, and endured his dirty looks...he wasn't impressed by my vitesse. Hey, buddy, you try running a marathon!

Then, more studying and replanting tomato plants. Yeah, I'm a tomato hobbyist, and my plants were sulky in starting last year, so I decided to give them a couple of extra weeks to sulk--and instead they sprung up in a few days, most of them. There are a few kinds which are a little slower to start, but all of the cherry tomato varieties were chomping at the bit, apparently. Even the one that hasn't done so well these past two years, in terms of sprouting. The hybrid I'm most interested in (a cross between a black tomato and a yellow-red striped one, I think) sprouted quite readily, too. So we'll see how many survive transplant shock or whatever it's called.

And then I went to run club to jog around and socialize. No speedwork for me tonight :) just 5.26 easy miles, so nine and a quarter today. not bad.

I am slacking this week but getting 26 miles out of the way on Sunday does plump up mileage nicely...I might make my February mileage goal after all (200 miles).

No comments: