Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Tues? Wed?

Somebody was a total genius and worked until 11 pm the night before taking a 6:30 am train....
Usually I stay up this late after that shift, but get up later...it's going to hurt in a few hours. But then I'll conk out on the train. That's the whole point of taking the train. I'm incapable of getting enough sleep, but I sleep a LOT on trains. lol

At any rate, today's hour-long run didn't happen. Way too much going on--didn't get much time between jobs, even. Fortunately, I was jogging a lot between things, so still managed to cover some miles. And then there was more than usual running up and down stairs at my evening job. At least a few false alarms with the call bells, and plenty of pulling for stupid things (ie, my favourite: somebody wanted to know if their pjs felt wet. They weren't sure. Well, if you don't feel that they're wet, be it because they are dry or because you lack the necessary sensory receptors, then you'll be able to sleep in them, no prob! (they weren't wet) LOL)

I'm wired!

I had a point, and I forgot.

Anyway, I'm finished packing, and I was trying to find old clothes that I wouldn't mind discarding at the start. Well, in the past five years, I've lived in 11 different houses/apartments/etc. Anything I wouldn't mind discarding has long been discarded. And then I thought, hey, what if I got some old pjs? Unfortunately, I don't have any, but that would be pretty funny. And then I thought about my scrubs, which would be even funnier if I happened to start running in them. lol

Oh, yeah--my point--I nearly did something stupid. It's highly recommended, if not obligatory, for me to get a flu shot. One of my superiors was going to give me one then and there, and then I remembered that it might drain me for the next few days...duh. So I asked for a postponement, saying that I had a busy trip ahead of me. That would have been classic though, after all this training, to get a flu shot a few days before the race.

No comments: