Wednesday, November 12, 2008

speedwork!

Well, when I taper, I taper! lol
I've run about 8 miles this week so far...that's less than what I was doing per day. oh, well! It did me good, I think, to rest up and just jog one or two miles, like I usually do in the course of a day, just getting around.

And I was well-rested for speedwork tonight. it was 6-8 X 800M, and I decided to be content with 6. My Garmin ran out of juice, but my companion said that our repeats were 3:18-19ish, except for the last one: 3:13. It felt fine and not too hard; we were supposed to go at 10K pace, but I was going faster, I think--I don't have a 10K pace. I have a 5K and then suffer pace. Still, I wasn't killing myself over them or even close to lactic acid build-up--I was going at what felt like tempo run effort, my tempo runs being in the 'comfortably hard' range for 20 min or so--so they were fine.

I vaguely remember doing a similar workout before my last marathon--oh, here it is, about a month before the race:

warm up 1/2 mile, then 6X800 (3:16, 3:11, 3:19, 3:19, 3:22, 3:24). Pacing poor, but great temps

I remember those repeats being considerably harder than the ones I did tonight, pretty much VO2max effort, and they were on a flat track, not slightly up and down on the Hill like tonight. Pacing was more consistent this time, too: we were varying within just a few seconds, until the last repeat.

So, yep, I'm pretty confident that I'll at least PB on this marathon. :) knock wood!

No comments: