Sunday, November 9, 2008

Saturday

It was a dark and stormy night...morning...not quite dark, either, but close enough. And I felt like crud. I am not getting enough sleep, no matter what I do. Having a deployed husband is just too much stress, and it's especially hard as it gets longer and longer and still not quite halfway through. Same thing happened last time. Anyway, I considered phoning my friend and cancelling, especially since I knew I could do the run on Sunday (today) with run club.

However, I also had to work last night, and since it's been at least a few weeks since I've slept in, I wanted to reserve Sunday morning for that.

So I got out of bed and jogged over.

What to wear when I know I'll be in soaked clothes for at least 2 hrs? I chafed last time this happened, so I figured a tank top under a long sleeved thing would be best--once I warmed up, I could take the long-sleeved thing off and thus not chafe. This worked. I was a little cold and should have brought a hat, but it was ok.

We ran 22 K in 1:59, which is decent, especially since it was a fast finish and, ironically, the last umpteen K were at my marathon pace and it felt good. I haven't managed to hit that yet, but somehow, yesterday, after we'd gradually picked it up for a bit, I felt into a good groove, and found out afterwards that it was around my MP to qualify. ok! So, in total, I ran just over 25 K. In miles, 15.67. It's gotten to the point where I see it's 'just' 25 K or whatever, and I don't bother bringing water or fluid. I ate a banana and drank some pop beforehand, put a gel in my pocket just in case (I didn't use it) and off I went, and that was fine. I'm a camel! Or amphibian in this case. I probably absorbed a least a litre through my skin. LOL

Then I napped, and then I went to work. I was pretty groggy, but got through ok. I wasn't the only one out of sorts there anyway. LOL

No comments: