Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Toasted

Yesterday, eh, it was raining pretty much the whole day, and on my motivation too.

Today: 1 hr-ish jog/walk with the dog in the forest, then 1:06 biking, 15.8 miles--14.X mph, yeah!  The route was similar to the last ride: hills on the ends, and a flatter portion in the middle.  The hills seemed a smidge easier, thankfully.

And then, since I had to study, I put on a lecture and hopped on the TM and jogged for 50 minutes.  It was supposed to be an hour, but I got a stitch about a half-hour into it, fought mostly through it, and then I started feeling queasy.   I increased my breathing rate to get rid of the stitch without increasing my pace, which led to a sort of sickly hyperventilation, and I was sweating a lot and consequently was drinking a lot of fluid too.  Not a good combo.

Then arm exercises.  I had a slight glitch, a neck spasm--because I stupidly yawned with my head turned.  My injuries are often that doltish.  Fortunately, a few minutes of stretching got rid of it and I was able to continue.  And then the daily double without the sit-ups.  Too much sloshing for those.

I'm pretty beat now, but it was a fun few hours.

No comments: