Saturday, May 25, 2013

Digging deep

We're building the koi palace: cross-training!

Thurs: 6-7 miles biking, arm exercises, daily double
Fri: digging
Sat: tempo loop, digging.

I think we ran the loop in about 40 minutes, an improvement over last time.  However, I can't know for sure.  In the middle of the last large hill, a lady driving a truck stopped me.  Had I seen two pugs?  She was house-sitting and they'd escaped under the fence.  She gave me a description of them, and I got the address from her, just in case--there was neither landline nor reliable cellphone reception there.  About two seconds after she drove away, I saw them, and I yelled at her.  She collected one of them, and the other ran up to us, and eventually I shooed it back to the truck, and then we had a laugh about the situation (turns out there was a third pug, but it came back), and she drove off again.   If all of this took more than two minutes, that means that we ran the loop in 40 minutes.  However, I had the advantage of catching my breath on that big hill.  Hard to gauge!


No comments: