Thursday, May 2, 2013

10+ hours of sleep, and no juice to show for it

This morning, 60ish minute jog/walk/mostly walk in the forest with the dog.  He's outta steam even more than me.

Then arm weights and most of the daily double.  Contrary to my usual laziness, I gave up during the situps and not the pushups.  I had drunk too much and the sloshing was starting to push upwards.

And then 6+ miles biking to pick up our co-op produce.  I had my derailleurs tuned, but they're still giving me grief.  They threw the chain.   My shifting is occasionally not as anticipatory as it could be, mainly because I am always always shifting, but I never had problems with the gears on my old bike.  Not once, and I've had it for almost seven years.  And it took about a decade and a couple of winters for my bike before that to crap out its gears: spectacularly on the wrong end of a long out-and-back, necessitating a bungee cord and a 40 km ride home on essentially a fixie.  Anyway, this new bike has already been a few years' worth of problems, and I've even given up my usual cowboy mount/dismount to give the thing a break.  But otherwise I really like it.  So I guess I'll sit down for a few hours and sort it out myself.  Maybe a screw is stripped or a collar is loose.

At any rate, I'm feeling tapped out.   I'm still healing, and my appetite is gone again--when I feel hungry, I actually think hungry, in a more theoretical sense.  Oh, I probably require some nourishment now.   I'm down about five pounds from last week.  Fortunately, we got lots of supplements, and so I'm taking more until this issue sorts itself out.  And a kale omelet and Brazilian cheesy puffs should tempt my appetite tonight.  But maybe I'm bored of my own cooking?

4 comments:

Fran said...

When you write about making a batch of cheesy puffs my craving for the aliens is triggered! That is totally what I want to eat right now, but unfortunately it's not what I brought for lunch. Looking forward to dinner!

cs said...

Ah-ha! Those delectable aliens! Did you indulge? we did :) I tried another tweak: I used coconut cheese, Kokos (one of those odd flavour combos that works, btw), but there wasn't a noticeable difference.

Fran said...

I was hungry when I got home so I heated up broccoli stir fry leftovers with rice noodles (via frying pan - the nuker is burnt out). My chef is away on holiday! I have never heard of coconut cheese - what an intriguing idea. I wonder how the aliens would taste with jalepeno cheese?

cs said...

Hmmm, that would reflect the awesome combo of cream cheese and hot pepper. Very promising! Keep me posted.

I'd never heard of coconut cheese before, but the small town we live close to actually has a really good cheese shop, and they just got it in.