Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Back in the saddle

Yesterday: aftermath from dining out.  Whenever I'm away from my mostly gluten-free kitchen for more than a couple of days or so, I get a bit sick.  I've tried taking gluten enzymes in the past but didn't feel any noticeable difference; they probably work further down the alimentary tract, past the stomach and its enzyme-denaturing low pH.  Oh, well!  So, I try to make eating out count, and I think I succeeded this trip.  So much good food.  And yesterday, I mostly finished paying the price, I hope.

The dog was zonked from his recent stay in the puppy spa, so he took it easy yesterday too.  He actually didn't get up until close to noon.  !!!

Today, however, is a new dawn, etc: almost an hour jogging/walking in the forest, and then I did arm exercises and the daily double, which I'd sadly jettisoned during our trip.  I guess it was a derailment in general, but worth it. 

But, yes, now I feel a trifle soft.

My new weights are presently holding down my new exercise pad, which already has dog hair on it.  Any floor covering recently unfurled and put to use quickly becomes desirable, and since he was a good boy and not too balky getting out of bed early this morning, I invited him onto it.

No comments: