Wednesday, May 22, 2013

In the sauna now

I suppose summer has started, although we are supposed to get lows of 8-ish C this weekend.   Today was a humid 29 C, which is probably also the temperature in the garage.  It was toasty in there compared to the house at a frigid 26 C.   These are 2-shower days, and I certainly earned my 2nd one.

Walk with the dog.  90 minute jog on the TM, then the most abysmal leg workout in my life.  I was completely drenched by the time I got to the weights, and though jogging was fine, I proved to be massively sapped.  I had to reduce weights.  I figured it would be a good opportunity to concentrate on form at least, but I couldn't even manage that.  I was a limp, sodden tangle of overcooked noodles. 

So, now I know.  I'll still give a post-sweatbox workout a 2nd chance--I also haven't been sleeping more than 4 or 5 hours a night, which could be a huge factor--but I won't expect much. 

I really should do the leg workout after tough hill runs outdoors, but I've been cowardly with those recently.  Must shape up. 

Saturday morning should succeed a low of 8-9 C.  I'll go to bed at a decent hour and then wake up with no other option except to run.   As if there is absolutely no other possibility in the world.

No comments: