Monday, May 6, 2013

Drenched

Our timing excelled today.  When we left the house, there was not even a drizzle.  The heavens didn't open until we were warmed up, and they didn't open to their widest until we were on our last lap.  At that point, it was uncomfortable to see, and that was added incentive to push through to home.

We did the Triplet four times.  I had problems accessing full drive up the hills, but the slipperiness of the wet footing was the main complication.  Rain strips the teeth from cogs.  Going up a steep slope covered in wet pine needles becomes a scramble instead of a thrust.

Afterward, I did leg exercises, and despite my previous poor experience, I kept on all the plates for the squats.  So, it was more of a uhhh than a pow, but I handled the additional weight better this time.   The pow will come back with repetition, and I'll enjoy it for at least a couple of workouts before I put on more plates that I don't own yet.

And then the daily double.  No sloshing during the situps this time. It's amazing how much quicker progress has been this time.  Perhaps it would be quicker still if I did more volume, or additional workouts during the day, but I'm not motivated enough for that, not at this point.  Handling one bout of an uncomfortable few minutes per day is yielding consistency and results, and that's good enough for the time being.

No comments: